1.9: OFX Direct Connect

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 16 15:34:07 EST 2006

Don Levey wrote:
> Dave Reiser wrote:
[snip]

> I've downloaded and built/installed libofx from CVS.  However, building RPMs
> from this (they thoughtfully provided an RPM rule for make) did NOT produce
> libofx-devel, just libofx and libofx-debug.  I went ahead and installed
> anyway, rebuilt GnuCash, and while the Import OFX option still appears, the
> OFX Direct Connect does not.

ofx direct connect doesn't appear as a separate menu item.
OfxDirectConnect is a backend processor in aqbanking that is set up in
gnucash using the HBCI setup tool. You set up your banking relationships
using the HBCI setup (where one of the backend choices is aqofxconnect
(aka directconnect)), then you get Online Actions... available when
you're looking at the register of a gnucash account that has online
capabilities.

gnucash uses libofx both directly (for importing transactions from web
downloads) and indirectly through aqbanking for
direct-from-the-bank-to-gnucash-registers activity.

I don't have a direct connect bank account, so I have only used
gnucash/aqbanking to get transactions directly from a credit card
account into gnucash.

--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net