Problems with Accounts Payable

Laurent Duperval lduperval at videotron.ca
Sat Feb 18 14:36:07 EST 2006

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Quoting Laurent Duperval <lduperval at videotron.ca>:
>
>> 10 minute round-trip reply. Dude!
>

> You caught me at a good time.

I seem to always do so. :-)

> Ahh!  *needs to look at the changelog*..

I did. The only change that seemed to affect me was the accumulate
splits thing. I have made it a habit not to accumulate splits, because
of the bugs in the previous version.

What does  this do anyway? What are the consequences of using/not using it?

>> I took a look at the AP account to see if anything was amiss. Most
>> transactions have a P or I type. However some have ? and they
>> correspond to Split Automatic Payment Forward. Could that be a
>> problem?   How do they appear?
>

> They appear when you post a payment out of order, or overpay.  It's
> the internal balancing system in the invoice post/process to make sure
> that your payments are balanced.

Ok. I know that I had to forward pay sometime this year, so I can
understand it. I also see that there is a corresponding reverse
transaction for this.

>> I also noticed that when I start GC, I get a popup saying I have
>> unpaid bills dating to 2004. This is something pretty recent.
>> Recently, I had to go back and remove "Accumulate splits" from bills
>> I had posted in the past, because they messed up some reports.
>

> THIS could do it!  Unposting and then reposting could shift around
> the payments.  Also, I know there was a bug with the Accumulate Splits
> feature.    This bug was fixed on 2005-01-23 and should be in 1.8.11,
> but posts from before that time could have been affected.

Well, I think I only recently updated to 1.8.11. For some reason, it
seems to have made it only recently to Gentoo.

>> Do I have  to do this for all my invoices? The way I decided to do
>> this was to use the transaction report to make sure everything ended
>> up with a grand total of 0 at the end of each month. This is what
>> currently happens.
>

> Maybe...

Ugh!

Is there a way for me to see what bills have accumulated splits, without
unposting/reposting each of them one at a time? Is there some sort
identifier in the .xac file that can help me track them down?

Thanks,

Prenez la parole en public en étant         Speak to an audience while being
moins nerveux et plus convaincant!         less nervous and more convincing!
Éveillez l'orateur en vous!                    Bring out the speaker in you!

Information: laurent at duperval.com   http://www.duperval.com   (514) 902-0186