QIF Files

Simon Roberts thorpflyer at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 23 17:19:39 EST 2006

--- jack cowen <jackcowen at charter.net> wrote:

> I have not been able to access my MS Windows partition where I
> exported Qdata
> (Quicken 2006) files.  From my D drive (Linux partition) I insert the
> C drive
> path to the QIF folder, but cannot import the files to GnuCash.  I'm
> new to
> Linux and want to convert entirely if possible.  Please help.  Thank
> you.
> Jack Cowen aka jackcowen at charter.net

Sounds like you haven't mounted the C: partition, or you haven't
referred to it correctly.

Most Linuxen will spot an existing windoze partition and arrange to
mount it for you as /windows. So if your stuff was on C:\x\y\stuff.qif
then it would now be /windows/x/y/stuff.qif.

Anyway, the bottom line is, you'll have to be able to see the file in a
file manager or with ls before you can use it.

HTH
Cheers,
Simon

"You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions." — Naguib Mahfouz