blank register report

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Feb 28 12:12:40 EST 2006

Eric Beversluis <econophil at charter.net> writes:

>> > "Bank"  The other Bank account types work fine.
>>
>> Hmm..  Perhaps this is a locale/currency issue?  What's your locale?
>> What currency is the Bank account?  What do you have set for the
>> report currency?
> There are no options for that either--everything is in US$

Well, there are options under your general preferences..  But
if all your accounts are in US and you're running in a US locale,
then it's not the issue.  Can you confirm this assumption, please?

>> > Many transactions from 1/1/206 to 2/20/2006
>> > Confidential info: all there is in the report is the title of the
>> > account: "[name of account]-Register Report"
>>
>> Could you create a test file that shows the problem?
> Probably not, since in general the register reports seem to be working.
> I suspect somehow this register is corrupted. When I select "Transaction
> Report" from the main menu and this account, I get an ok report. It's
> not equivalent to the register report, since it doesn't show the
> relevant information for the other account in the transaction when
> there's a split.

I'm afraid that without a test case there's very little I can do
for you.

> Assuming the register is somehow corrupted: Would there be any way to
> export the transactions from this account, delete the account and its
> transactions, recreate the account and reimport all the transactions?
> Otherwise I'll just have to live without using this report--as your
> situation suggests, it's not a key report, since you don't ever use it.

It wouldn't be the register that's corrupted; it would be the account
and/org transactions.  Does gnucash print anything on the terminal when
you run the report?