gnucash2 and opt style install

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 12 16:51:28 EST 2006

Quoting Mark Johnson <mrj001 at shaw.ca>:

> I did:
> make distclean
> svn co http:/svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk

I'm not sure why you did this..  If you already have a checkout then
all you need is "svn update".  If you don't have a tree then you can
checkout but then you don't need the distclean..

> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure --enable-opt-style-install --prefix=/opt/gnucash-svn
> make
> su
> make install

That should work...

> The revision obtained was 12327.
>
> This successfully installed.  So I tried setting the LIBRARY_PATH,
> running ldconfig, and redoing the make install with DESTDIR. This
> seems to have worked even though I set the LIBRARY_PATH incorrectly

Did you still have the installation in /opt/gnucash-svn when you
ran "make install DESTDIR=/tmp/gnucash"?

> (as though I had not selected --enable-opt-style-install). I used the
> DESTDIR install to create a Slackware package.  I confirmed that all
> the files that were in this package were also in the install done by
> "make install".  I did not install or test in any other way this
> package.  It does seem as though there is still a
> LIBRARY_PATH/DESTDIR issue.

I suspect so..  Actually, it would be a libtool bug.

> I changed to the directory /opt/gnucash-svn/bin and ran gnucash from
> there (the directory is not on my PATH).  I was able to create a few
> accounts, but when I tried to enter transactions, the numbers would
> disappear when I left the cells by either tabbing or pressing enter.
> When I selected "File-Save As", it allowed me to create a new
> directory in my home, I entered a file name and clicked OK. I got an
> error stating that it was unable to parse the URL; the URL being the
> path and file name to which I had selected saving the data.  Both
> these issues seem too obvious not to have been noticed.  Any ideas?

Can you start a new thread with these issues?  Actually, these issues
belong on -devel as they are specific g2 bugs.   Thanks.