Automatic Bank Import

Elizabeth Dodd edodd at billiau.net
Mon Jun 12 18:38:15 EDT 2006

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 08:29, Chris Spencer wrote:
> That's unfortunate. Without some ability to automate the mundane
> information entry aspect, Gnucash is going to be far more trouble than
> it's worth. However, thanks for answering my questions.
Do you mean transferring old account information or entering new?

Back to original email, Gnucash will quickly learn that <supermarket_name>
belongs to Expenses:Groceries and <fuel_station> belongs to Expenses:Fuel.
You'll tell it once only, and changes will only be needed when you take out
cash with the groceries or buy milk and bread at the fuel stop.

--
The smallest worm will turn being trodden on.
		-- William Shakespeare, "Henry VI"