associating transactions from 2 imported accounts

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 16 08:59:09 EDT 2006

Import both qif files at once.  If there is enough information in the
QIF File (note that there may NOT be) then it will determine that they
are the same transaction.

Also, during the QIF import you should specify the actual account.
Don't leave it as "Unspecified".  Click on that and choose the
real account -- and then the duplicate matcher might actually find
the other transaction..

In the end, QIF just doesn't really have enough information to do it
all the time.  Sometimes you may need to hand-massage the QIF before
you import it.  For example, from my NetBank accounts I need to
hand-massage the QIF in order to get transfers between my Checking
and Money Market to work properly.

Good Luck,

-derek