sorting account Register on Transfer/account column

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at farwestbilliards.com
Mon Mar 13 12:31:09 EST 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:01:48 -0500
TyrusMaynard <mayn at main.nc.us> wrote:
<<snip>>

>     I would like to be able to both review AND EDIT across all accounts
> BUT sorted by those same accounts.  Let me also point out that it is not
> uncommon for an Expense transaction to be reassigned to another "type" of
> account such as "Asset", so why not be able to view the entire range of accounts
> on a pooled Register.
> Is there a way to get to such a pooled Register that is interactive?

you refered in your other thread to the "Transaction" report. There is a sort key for "Other Account" that does what you want. It sorts by the transfer account. It does not in 1.8.x offer direct links to the individual transactions (this is implemented in 1.9.x and will be part of 2.0) but it DOES offer links to the "Transfer" account which gets you closer to the transaction itself.

I just ran one by setting the "Secondary" sort key to "Other Account" and it seems to work fine. Not exactly what you wanted, but close.

hth.