Orphaned Gains Account

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 25 08:47:41 EDT 2006

Please be sure to CC gnucash-user on all your replies...

Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge at xobie.com> writes:

> I have not been able to find anything about "Lots" or "C+R" in the tutorial
> or help guides. I suspect I could be looking in the wrong places but I have
> tried to google under "gnucash lots" but frankly get nowhere fast.

As I said, "lots" shouldn't have been in there, and indeed this
"bug" has been fixed for 2.0.2 so C&R wont create lots anymore.
As for docs on the Check & Repair...  It's actually not a hugely
used feature so it wouldn't surprise me if there isn't much
documentation about it.

> I cannot develop, I could help writing documentation (or even replying on
> this list) once I knew more about the program. At the moment I know far too
> little.

Help with the docs would be greatly appreciated.

> But thanks for the help, I will probably keep my old investment files
> around and wait for the next version, and then try and upload them. I have
> to get rid of my old computer pretty soon as someone else needs it

Okay.

> Thanks
>
> NB I have not copied this to the list

I noticed.  You should have.