Order of transactions for same day.

jesse tamlin at bur.st
Thu Dec 27 00:30:00 EST 2007

Hi, does anyone know if there is a way to keep transactions in the same
order as they were entered, when entered with the same date?

ie.
I use GNUcash for my business accounts. But I do not yet use the
business features such as invoice, customer payment, etc. I do my
invoices on openoffice with a mysql connection, then enter them on GNUcash.

Problem is when I have done a job and been paid the same day for it I
enter an accounts receivable transaction. - All goes well. Then I enter
a payment transaction (credit acc. receivable , debit Petty Cash) and
this payment transaction appears in the register before the accounts
receivable one. The result is when looking along the balance I get
negative numbers. see below

 8/10/07   Job 1 payment            50.00  -50.00
 8/10/07   Job 1            50.00            0.00
15/10/07   Job 2            80.00           80.00
28/10/07   Job 3 payment            75.00   -5.00
28/10/07   Job 3            75.00           80.00

Is this a bug or is there a way to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Jesse