OFX import doesn't allow changing chosen account.

Ian Lewis ianmlewis at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 22:56:25 EST 2007

Hey all,

I was playing around with the OFX importer and noticed that it seems to
remember the account mappings between the account in the OFX file and the
gnucash account for an account you are importing into.

So I choose OFX import and then the dialog comes up and asks me what gnucash
account to map the account present in the OFX file to. So you choose the
account and it shows you the transactions that you may or may not import
based on what you do next.

The problem is that if you accidentally choose the wrong gnucash account
originally then you can't change it in that dialog. So you hit cancel and
start over by going to File->Import->OFX import . But the subsequent time
you choose the same file, it remembers the account you (mistakenly) chose
last time and doesn't prompt you again. So you can't change it at all. The
only way to do it is to not save your data file, close gnucash and restart
it.

Am I missing something?

Ian