Anybody got aqbanking working on OS X?

Jeff Carneal jeff-ml at soldmy.net
Tue Feb 6 17:38:30 EST 2007

Thanks for the reply David.  Sorry if you got a spam challenge, I
thought I had that turned off on this account but apparently not.  Ack!

On Feb 3, 2007, at 9:53 PM, David Reiser wrote:

> In fink the current version of aqbanking is aqbanking16 (it has
> been declared that the suffix number in a library package is to
> reflect the library compatibility version...) and it is version
> 2.2.6. Be sure to have the crypto branch active, or you might not
> see it.

Ah, that may have been it.

> I do have it running on my mac (OS X 10.4.8 PPC). I just ran
> through the HBCI setup to trigger the Aqbanking wizard, and that
> also seems to work properly for me (though I didn't test it much
> tonight). FTR, I am also running qt3-3.3.7-1022. The wizard also
> worked for me in most (maybe all) of fink's qt3-3.3.6 incarnations.
> I'm testing against gnucash 2.0.4, though earlier 2.0.x versions
> have worked for me. I also run gnucash trunk against newer
> aqbanking/ofx (except now because aqbanking svn doesn't like libofx
> cvs much...)
>
> I've been using aqbanking for a long time, so maybe there's a first-
> time-run glitch?

Well, I don't know.  At first I thought my install of QT was fubar
until I compiled and ran the sample code in the build tree and they
worked fine.  I've compiled and installed every single library and
dependency from scratch in order to facilitate the building of a
native intel DMG later for gnucash.  I'm including the full list of
libs at the bottom of this mail in case you see anything that might
not play well together.

The highlights are:

qt-mac-free-3.3.7/
libofx-0.8.3/
gnucash-2.0.4/
aqbanking-2.2.6/

I did track down the problem to a particular line in src/frontends/
qbanking/lib/qbanking.cpp:

void QBanking::setupDialog(QWidget *parent) {
   QBCfgTabSettings dlg(this, parent, "QBankingSettings");

   dlg.addUsersPage();
   dlg.addAccountsPage();
   dlg.addBackendsPage();
   if (!dlg.toGui()) {
     DBG_ERROR(0, "Could not init dialog");
     return;
   }
   if (dlg.exec()==QDialog::Accepted) {  <------ RIGHT HERE
     dlg.fromGui();
     flagStaff()->accountsUpdated();
   }
}

The problem is I cannot find where the exec member function is
inherited from.  I suppose I need to just step through it with gdb
but I haven't had time yet and my fear is that it will hang on an
external library call.  Never know til you try I guess :)

> I have the (mis?)fortune of being the fink maintainer for gnucash2
> and most of it's non-gnome dependencies. But I can only test on a
> ppc, since I don't have an intel mac.

Ooh man, tough job.  Maybe you can help me build an actual DMG
installer then.

> Be careful of trying to run both macports and fink - they can get
> in each others' way.

Yeah, I don't.  I've got two separate machines and I run macports on
one and I tried fink on the other.

> Today I saw a message on the macports list that a recent batch of
> updates has wreaked havoc on some of the gnome libraries. A fix is
> expected this wee

Well I doubt it affects me on this particular box since I compiled
from scratch ;)  Here is the list of stuff I built, fwiw.  Let me
know if you spot anything funny:

GConf-2.16.0/
GConf-2.9.91/
ORBit2-2.14.5/