Too many .log and .xac files

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Wed Feb 14 15:35:43 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-14 at 14:11 -0600, David Berg wrote:
> Regardless of whether it's a good design decision, I'd like to change
> the program for my own install to use a hidden directory.  I'm not
> familiar with the gnucash source at all though.  Would this be an easy
> change?  Where would I start?

Relatively easy.

Start at src/backend/file/gnc-backend-file.c.  In particular, look for
the strings "retain_days" and ".xac".  That will lead you to
gnc_file_be_backup_file and gnc_int_link_or_make_backup.  Check the
callers, and you'll find your way to gnc_file_be_write_to_file.  Between
those functions should lie the solution.

(Followups should probably go to gnucash-devel...)

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}