Too many .log and .xac files

Jeff Carneal jeff-ml at carneal.com
Fri Feb 16 22:30:09 EST 2007

A few points on this topic, as someone who within the last couple of
days discovered the xac files and had them save his bacon.  Or at
least a few hours of work.

1)  Hiding the files would have made it less likely that I would find
the backups and investigate them via google

2)  Defaulting to 1 backup would have killed my chances of recovery.

3)  Whoever was originally responsible for xac backup code can
contact me for a sizable quantity of their favorite beer

Thanks,
Jeff