Gnucash-2.0.4 Make Error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 20 08:55:55 EST 2007

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, Josh Sled wrote:

> Your mail implies that there is a gnucash installed into /usr/ as well
> (thus necessitating the qualification of /usr/local/bin/gnucash).  I don't
> know why, but having an install in both /usr and /usr/local/ doesn't work
> in strange, subtle ways.

Josh,

   I don't know where you read that. I uninstalled the non-working former
version of gnucash-2.0.4 before building and installing -2.0.5. I was
probably impatient in invoking it yesterday so I entered the full path.

   Gnucash is located in only /usr/loca/bin. Because it's not a system
application -- and is installed and used on only a single host -- it's
installed there rather than in /usr/bin.

   There were no errors in config.log and make exited normally. No indication
of a missing library; 'ldd /usr/local/bin/gnucash-bin' shows they're all
found.

   I'll try one more time.

Rich