Upgrade Question

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 10 01:43:33 EST 2007

--- David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Things being installed out of order is almost certainly a fink issue.

I don't recall how many iterations, but I think it took four times through: the
first time through, it listed a huge number of dependencies (like 59); the
second, it was at 22, the third was 14, and the fourth was 10.

> have a PPC mac, and I have qt3 3.3.7-1021 (one version 'old' in the
> fink sense). Gnucash 2.0.4 (and Head) compile fine for me. The first

Perhaps I wasn't entirely clear: GnuCash 2.0.4 is running for me compiled
against qt3-3.3.5

> One other thought: I hope you are being _very_ careful about your
> PATH while trying to deal with both macports (aka darwinports) and
> fink on the same machine. I tried that for a while and it got to be

Uh, careful? You mean I'm supposed to change something if I use one or the
other? Augh. I haven't!

I hope that I haven't blown it all up...