Font issue

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Thu Jul 19 12:23:38 EDT 2007

Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> writes:
> "Donald Allen" <donaldcallen at gmail.com> writes:
>> 9'? And this is the response to that? I have no idea where the font
>> files are that gnucash uses, so I don't know what my choices are. I
>> did search the filesystem for '*sans*' and '*Sans*', which didn't turn
>> up any useful clues. So I'm guessing you are on the right track, but
>> I'm just not sure what the valid choices are (assuming my guess that I
>> made an invalid choice is correct).
>
> Fonts are provided by font libraries and X Windows.  In this case, Gtk and
> Pango, which I believe uses freetype.  `xfontsel` might give you the

On a bit of a random followup, I just coincidentally had a configuration file
update in my weekly `emerge -u world` that was for /etc/pango/pangox.aliases,
which maps those short names to a list of traditional (complex) x font
descriptions.  This might be interesting to understand/modify how fonts are
resolved on your system.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}