Next questions

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sat Jul 21 11:25:15 EDT 2007

Mike or Penny Novack <stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com> writes:
> 1) Preferences, the setting of same.
>     The help is useful describing the various preference settings, but
> as soon as I tried to alter the "autosave" time period ran into a snag.
> All these menus have a "close" button at the bottom but I can't find any
> "apply" or "save" button. How DO you get your preference changes to
> "take"? So far I have tried lots of things, none that worked. Like I
> said, that help section tells what you can change but doesn't tell you
> how to SAVE a change.

Just close the dialog.  The changes take effect either when you activate the
control or close the dialog.

> 2) Weird, nothing like it in the tutorial pictures
>     I must have done something, because now to the right of the
> "accounts" button on the third toolbar is a button "multicolumn view"
> followed by what looks like buttons for the history of everything I
> touched since. HELP. It's insane having to work my way all the way to

These are your open tabs ... register views, reports, and the Accounts Tree
page.  You can close them with the File > Close menu item, the "X" Close
toolbar item or the Ctrl-W shortcut.

As well, there are preferences to:

- Windows > Show close button on notebook tabs
- Register Defaults > Register opens in a new window
- Reports > Report opens in a new window

... if you want different behavior.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}