Is GnuCash Windows ready for a non-programmer? Will it be eventually?

Ian Lewis ianmlewis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 08:20:23 EST 2007

John,

I cannot speak too much for the stability of the Windows version but in
terms of features I believe the answer to your question is yes. A number of
people, myself included have been using Gnucash for a number of years to
manage their personal finances. I also know that a number of people have
successfully converted from Quicken to Gnucash using the QIF or other import
features.

I believe that based on list conversations also that a number of people are
using Gnucash to manage the finances of their small business(es).

While I'm not a developer on the project I'm sure that they would say that
the more users the better. Reporting bugs doesn't usually require
transmitting financial data but it can be done on a one off basis privately.

My suggestion would be to try it out and play with it to see if it suits
your needs before doing a full out switch. I think you'll get a much better
feel for if you can use it on a day to day basis by simply trying it out.

Ian