Is GnuCash Windows ready for a non-programmer? Will it be eventually?

Mohan P mohanpshanti at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 00:12:32 EST 2007

Hello John

I have been using Gnucash for windows (ver 2.0.99) for the last four months
for maintaining accounts of our residents' association.  I started off with
using the program in linux and later on used the same data file I created in
the linux version to work in the windows version.  I am happy to say that
the program has never crashed except when I had used the same in a old
machine with very low memory (96 MB RAM).  Even in this machine the program
crashed only when some elaborate reports were requested.  The data file was
intact without any loss.

The support from the community is also excellent when you encounter a
problem.  Initially you could enter the data in Quicken and import the data
to Gnucash and try out the various features.  Once you are confident you
could fully switch over.

All the best

Mohan