Basic question: getting quotes from AEX

Leo Breebaart leo at lspace.org
Fri Mar 9 09:18:55 EST 2007

I have two simple questions about GnuCash 2.0.5 (running on
Debian/unstable) that I am not able to answer, even after looking
at the documentation.

1) I am trying to track the price of a fund such as ASNML. This
   is a fund available from the Dutch stock exchange AEX (i.e.
   you can search for it and see/download its price on-line
   through http://www.aex.nl/).

   Now AEX is also one of the possible values for the "Get Online
   Quotes" field in the Securities Editor.

   So: what, if anything is the right combination of settings
   that I have to use to make automatic quote-getting work?
   Everything I have tried so far in the Securities Editor seems
   to lead to "Unable to retrieve quotes for these items" when I
   try to "Get Quotes" in the Price Editor.

2) In the GnuCash tutorial, section 8.6.5 (_Making Stock Value
   Reports_) there are screenshots of what appears to be an
   "Assets Over Time" report. I cannot seem to find this anywhere
   in the available reports in the actual program. Am I
   overlooking something? If not, is there another report I can
   use that does something similar? I tried a couple of things,
   but nothing seems to come close.

Many thanks (as always) for your assistance.

--
Leo Breebaart  <leo at lspace.org>