missing data from bank account

Theo van Riet Paap theovrp at gmail.com
Tue May 15 17:53:49 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 15 May 2007 17:23:35 Derek Atkins wrote:
> Theo van Riet Paap <theovrp at gmail.com> writes:
> > I´m a starting GC user.
> > Initially the Feisty 7.04 GC 2.0.2 combination.
> > Later 2.0.2 updated to 2.0.5 version (Geole without any difficulty)
> > My problem already begun with 2.0.2. when I lost the first 11 months in
> > one of my bankaccounts.  The account shows the proper values but not the
> > first about 11 months of same year.  I´m not understanding what happens.
> > After changing
> >
> >>From 2.0.2 to 2.0.5 same results.
> >
> > I tried several stored data (XAC files) but same results with all
> > versions. I hope one of you is able to help.
> > Regards Theo
>
> I don't understand what you're saying.  You say that the balances are
> correct but you're not seeing the transactions?  Perhaps you don't
> have the dates set up to see all the transactions, or perhaps you've
> got it configured to limit which transactions are visible?
>
> Could you provide some screen shots showing what you mean?  (feel
> free to put them on a website and send the URL instead of sending
> the screenshot in email).
>
> Also, remember to CC the list on all replies.
>
> -derek

Yes, you understood quite well. Let me describe my experiences.
I did prepare a normal ´account tree´. Under assets a ´checking account´ was
made.
The ´checking account´ was opened and (for testpurposes) all transactions (in
the year 2005) within that account were manually copied from the physical
bankdocumentation to GC.  Including the weekly debit and credit subtotals and
the ´general total´.  With a memorial booking the opening figures have been
introduced.
At the end of this task I had a complete overview of all bookings covering a
whole year. And of course all being ´double booked´.
So far so good and I was happy to play with GNU myself.

Without any special reason (at least as far as I remember) the number of lines
in the ´checking account´ was reduced from a ´whole year equivalent´ to
roughly the ´last month only´ equivalent.
Of course all preferences and settings in edit and view have been checked;
also sort .. and filter.. but no wrong things.
So; I was not able to restore the old (1 year overview) situation.
However (todays experience) ; playing with the \view\sort settings (i did that
today) was causing some change. Sometimes I was able to read ´transactions
weeks´ that (but not all) were previously invisible. Simultanously some other
weeks disappeared however.  Until now I was not able to understand that
mechanism. All transaction values were ok but still I´m  not able the have
the whole year.
In most reports I can see all transaction weeks a.s.o.. To facilitate that I
frequently have to change the´date settings´ of the various reports.
This as I used the year 2005 as trial period.
Derek'pls let me know if you need more details.
Thanks
Theo