missing data from bank account

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 15 18:43:59 EDT 2007

Quoting Theo van Riet Paap <theovrp at gmail.com>:

>> I don't understand what you're saying.  You say that the balances are
>> correct but you're not seeing the transactions?  Perhaps you don't
>> have the dates set up to see all the transactions, or perhaps you've
>> got it configured to limit which transactions are visible?
>>
>> Could you provide some screen shots showing what you mean?  (feel
>> free to put them on a website and send the URL instead of sending
>> the screenshot in email).
>>
>> Also, remember to CC the list on all replies.
>>
>> -derek
>
> Yes, you understood quite well. Let me describe my experiences.
> I did prepare a normal ´account tree´. Under assets a ´checking account´ was
> made.
> The ´checking account´ was opened and (for testpurposes) all transactions (in
> the year 2005) within that account were manually copied from the physical
> bankdocumentation to GC.  Including the weekly debit and credit subtotals and
> the ´general total´.  With a memorial booking the opening figures have been
> introduced.

Okay, sounds reasonable so far.

> At the end of this task I had a complete overview of all bookings covering a
> whole year. And of course all being ´double booked´.
> So far so good and I was happy to play with GNU myself.

Okay...

> Without any special reason (at least as far as I remember) the number
> of lines
> in the ´checking account´ was reduced from a ´whole year equivalent´ to
> roughly the ´last month only´ equivalent.

And how do you open the register?

What happens if you try to Find Transactions under the Actions menu?

> Of course all preferences and settings in edit and view have been checked;
> also sort .. and filter.. but no wrong things.

Are you sure?  If you're making a mistake how would you know if it
and entry is right or wrong?  ;)

> So; I was not able to restore the old (1 year overview) situation.
> However (todays experience) ; playing with the \view\sort settings (i
> did that
> today) was causing some change. Sometimes I was able to read ´transactions
> weeks´ that (but not all) were previously invisible. Simultanously some other
> weeks disappeared however.  Until now I was not able to understand that
> mechanism. All transaction values were ok but still I´m  not able the have
> the whole year.

That seems to imply that you're just not viewing the whole year's
transactions at once.

> In most reports I can see all transaction weeks a.s.o.. To facilitate that I
> frequently have to change the´date settings´ of the various reports.
> This as I used the year 2005 as trial period.
> Derek'pls let me know if you need more details.
> Thanks
> Theo

Yes, I need MANY more details... A screenshot would be useful.  Or maybe
give me a click-by-click explanation of what you're doing?