Reconciliation: Incorrect Starting Balance

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 30 09:52:37 EDT 2007

"Tom Purl" <tom at tompurl.com> writes:

>> This would imply that you're missing a $6.36 transaction, probably it
>> got deleted or moved to a different account.
>
> If my correct reconciled amount is $1497.11 and I deleted a reconciled
> transaction for $6.36, wouldn't my reconciled amount be $1490.75?  Or am
> I incorrect?
>
> I'll check my bank statements and see if I accidentally deleted any 6.36
> transactions.
>
> Thanks a ton for the help!

Sorry, you're right..  It's in the other direction.  That would
seem to imply that you have an extra $6.36.  Note that it might
not be a single transaction; it could be a transaction that got
changed.  This is why gnucash tries to warn you about changing
reconciled transactions ;)