import QIF, memo: M tag lost when E tag present ?

kihta kihta5 at hotmail.com
Wed May 30 13:50:03 EDT 2007

Hello,
Again a question about memos !
I'm trying to migrate from MsMoney 2002.
The Qif files generated may contain split (in MsMoney sense) transactions,
with a memo on the "main" transaction and memos on the splits. This
situation looks like this in a Qif file:

!Type:Bank
^
D31/03/2007
U19.00
T19.00
PShopAroundThecorner
LMyBank
Mfor diner with Alice
Sfood:meat
$9.00
Eveal
Sfood:wine
$10.00
Ebordeaux
^

In the imported transaction in GnuCash, the memo of the "main" transaction
(MyBank account in the example) is now the last memo from the split
("bordeaux" instead of "diner with Alice").
The original memo (M tagged in Qif) is nowhere to be found.

Do you confirm ?
Is there some misunderstanding from my part on GnuCash's logic ?
Thank you for your help.

Kihta