how to start on Leopard?

Lewis Overton akakie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 00:29:05 EST 2007

Typing 'gnucash' in a terminal window gets me the response:

_X11TransSocketINETConnect() can't get address for
/tmp/launch-Iu10Gq/:6000: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

(gnucash:6223): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

... which means absolutely nothing at all to me. I disabled my prior
code from .bash_profile set up the display after reading warnings
about that. I'm still on version gnucash 2.0.4. I've been waiting
until I had a break in demand for reports to upgrade.

Any suggestions about what to change? Things won't be desperate for
another week or two, but the time is coming.

Lewy