is it me or is the bug I openned just ignored ?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sat Nov 17 09:31:34 EST 2007

Fred Schaer <fred.schaer at wanadoo.fr> writes:
> And last question... why is nobody from the GnuCash project even reading
> the bug I openned ? The bug has been assigned to someone, I'm surprised
> there's not even one comment or question in it !?

It was likely read; I know there are a couple of us that monitor newly-filed
bugs.  The assignment is done by default as a function of the component, so
the assigned did receive email when the bug was filed.

Personally, I only attempt to reproduce probably around 1 out of every 20
bugs I see ... report and reconciliation bugs are harder to setup to
reproduce, so I generally don't.  Looking at the stats at
<http://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=GnuCash>, we have 68 (of 646)
bugs without a response.  We (collectively) don't have the cycles to respond
to everything.  We also have bugs that are still open after many years, which
too is unfortunate, but reality.

So, you're not alone, and it's not "ignored" ... just inactive.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}