ofx import in gnucash doesn't work correctly

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Nov 21 08:42:59 EST 2007

Hi,

Medioman <kmedioman at fastwebnet.it> writes:

> Hi,
> hope somebody can help!
>
> I can't import correctly .ofx files that I download monthly from my bank
> website.
> The first file I import is imported correctly, the second is blank or
> many transactions are missing independently on which is the first or
> second. I mean; if I first import January then February is imported
> wrongly, but if I first import February then is January incorrect. It's
> only the first file in a fresh account imported correctly.
>
> I'm using ubuntu 7.10 (but the same happened in previous versions also),
> gnucash 2.2.1, libofx 0.8.2 installed from the official repository.
>
> The same files are imported correctly in Kmymoney and Money.

This came up recently on this list -- could you look at the OFX files
and look at the transaction IDs?  We've found at least one bank that
incorrectly duplicates transaction IDs across months, so GnuCash thinks
that you've already imported those transactions.

It's possible that Money and KMyMoney ignore the transaction ids
during the import.  Or it's possible that GnuCash is looking at
the wrong field.