Confused by Advanced Portfolio Report

Richard (Rick) Seay lists.seay at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 11:55:01 EST 2007

I've recently started using GnuCash 2.2.0 on FreeBSD 6.2.  It has gone
well so far but I'm confused by the Advanced Portfolio Report.  I've
attached an example of a register and a report that shows the problem.
 It seems that a realized gain of 25,999.95 has appeared from nowhere
which is offset by an equally mysterious unrealized gain of 25,653.43.
 The Total Gain of 346.52 is correct, but should be made up of 150.91
in income (re-invested) and 195.61 in unrealized gains.  What am I
doing wrong?