Wierd Petty Cash Query

shaun73 shaun at cafeinc.org
Tue Oct 2 08:43:30 EDT 2007

I have a question for all of you gnucash gurus.
Our company (relatively small - about 150 employees) disburses $1000 per
week to a petty cash account.
The program co-ordinator disburses this amount to employees on an as needed
basis.
Employees turn in a petty cash register every friday stating: date, what
petty cash was spent on and receipts.

I am wanting to track petty cash per employee.  How much they recieved per
week, how much they spent per week and what their balance is.

I was thinking of possibly settingup each employee as an expense acount.  Is
this a possibility or is there a better way of doing this?

A step by step walk through would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Shaun