Wierd Petty Cash Query

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue Oct 2 11:28:36 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 02 Oct 2007, shaun73 wrote:
> I have a question for all of you gnucash gurus.
> Our company (relatively small - about 150 employees) disburses $1000 per
> week to a petty cash account.
> The program co-ordinator disburses this amount to employees on an as needed
> basis.
> Employees turn in a petty cash register every friday stating: date, what
> petty cash was spent on and receipts.
>
> I am wanting to track petty cash per employee.  How much they recieved per
> week, how much they spent per week and what their balance is.
>
> I was thinking of possibly settingup each employee as an expense acount.
> Is this a possibility or is there a better way of doing this?
>
> A step by step walk through would be greatly appreciated.
>
> thanks
> Shaun

Hi Shaun,

I think that the Business->Employee section will do all that for you - I
haven't used it, but am familiar with the Customers and vendors sections,
which use mostly the same code.

As I understand it, you set each employee up as you would for vendors, then
you can create an "employee voucher" each week, and keep tabs on who spends
what.

Good luck,
Maf.

--
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542