open 2 sets of accounts

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Tue Oct 9 09:29:17 EDT 2007

"Maf. King" <maf at chilwell.net> writes:
> A possibility (under KDE, at least) is to set up the mime-types so that
> clicking a data file opens GC with that data file.  GC doesn't seem to do
> this out of the box on my system.  That way, it is as simple as selecting the
> relevant data file to have multiple instances running.

This seems to be is controlled by the 'shared-mime-info' package ... at least,
I've seen multiple distributions that have this package, and it contains the
(mime-type, application, name, extension-glob) tuples.

<http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_What.27s_the_gnucash_file_extension.3F>

Unfortunately, it appears that the .desktop file we ship doesn't actually
claim that we support our own file mime-type.  :/ I've just corrected this on
trunk.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}