Extra content added to printed invoices

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 28 11:08:55 EDT 2007

Hi,

Paul Gear <paul at gear.dyndns.org> writes:

> The Australian tax invoice i hacked up can be had from this page:
> 	http://libertysys.com.au/gnucash/tax-invoice
> I'd be happy for it to be included in future versions if anyone cares to
> do so (i changed very little of it, so i didn't even bother copyrighting
> my extensions).  It would be even better if it could be called "tax
> invoice", rather than "fancy invoice", but when i tried to do that it
> broke things.

A couple of things...

1) This invoice is based off 2.0.x, not 2.2.x/trunk, so it wont work
   with current GnuCash.
2) It doesn't look like much was changed here except changing a few
   of the default options and changing the "Invoice" to "Tax Invoice"
   string....  Which could be abstracted out by creating a new option
   for that string.
3) You changed the date format..  (this should be made an option, too)

Maybe I'm missing something in your changes?   Could you up-port to
2.2, maybe making it all options off the fancy-invoice so we don't
duplicate so much code?  Some of the option changes don't belong in
the changes because you can save the change as a Custom Report.  But
some of the changes definitely should get abstracted out.

Thanks!

PS: This might want to move over to -devel...