Unable to install Finance::Quote

Steven Ross ccssb at rap.midco.net
Thu Aug 7 23:44:29 EDT 2008

Yes, sorry I didn't mention I used fink.  I actually used "fink
commander"  to install GnuCash2 if that matters.

I also installed a Gnucash program launcher available at:
http://homepage.mac.com/elliottmce/gnucash_guide/applets.html

I had been using that to start the program.  Could it be causing the
problem?  Also, the only way I can start GnuCash without the launcher
is to use an x11 terminal window and type in the path:  /sw/bin.
Gnucash won't start without the directory change.  I don't know if
that is typical.    Here is what I get, then GnuCash starts:

macs-ibook-g4:~ mac$ gnucash
bash: gnucash: command not found
macs-ibook-g4:~ mac$ /sw/bin/gnucash
gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
configure time.

If I run gnc-fq-dump without "sudo"  I get this:

macs-ibook-g4:~ mac$ gnc-fq-dump

Usage: /sw/bin/gnc-fq-dump <quote-source> [-v] <stock> [<stock> ...]

Available sources are:
      tsp vwd financecanada yahoo_nz australia usa troweprice france
amfiindia nasdaq usfedbonds bmonesbittburns aex_options yahoo_asia
troweprice_direct tiaacref canada yahoo seb_funds yahoo_brasil
fidelity aiahk greece dwsfunds yahoo_australia unionfunds finland
lerevenu asia indiamutual hex brasil asegr deka nyse canadamutual
fidelity_direct asx tdwaterhouse fool trustnet ftportfolios_direct
uk_unit_trusts dutch ftportfolios tdefunds nzx za aex_futures
fundlibrary stockhousecanada_fund aex yahoo_europe nz vanguard bourso
europe platinum maninv

I have never done anything with the default Mac perl installation
that I am aware of.
I tried "fink install finance-quote-pm586"  and it just gave me the
same message about 'No packages to install.'
I'm sure I'm telling you a bunch of extraneous junk.   Hopefully an
answer is hidden somewhere in there.  Thanks again.

Steve Ross