Printing reconciliation reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 15 11:30:26 EDT 2008

Hi,

"Ian Stocks" <stocksi at realnet.co.sz> writes:

> Thanks for the response, Derek.
>
> A bank reconciliation report is required by our auditors, at least at the
> year end.  It is also useful periodically in between to see what items are
> outstanding, usually cheques issued but not presented to the bank (see
> Elizabeth Dodd's response to the "Cash-based accounting" thread on 13 August
> 2008).

And you can't just supply the bank statements because....???

You can see what's missing by looking in the register and viewing the
information you want:

  View -> Filter by... -> [Status]

Then unclick Reconciled (and potentially Cleared if you wish).  Then if
you want to print THAT out you can run Reports -> Account Report
from the register window.

> Such a report would have the same information as the existing reconciliation
> screen (with two panels - "Funds In" and "Funds Out") after you have done
> the reconciliation and got a zero difference. Yes, one could transcribe the
> screen, but it would be so much more friendly just to be able to print it.

Or one could just supply the bank statement, which has the
exact same information.

> Ian

-derek