re-invoice to reflect partial payment and late fees?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 9 13:13:03 EST 2008

Hi,

accidental landlord <jeffgedeon at gmail.com> writes:

[snip]
> Invoice Date: 11/25/2008
>
> Due Date: 12/1/2008
>

> December RENT   ..............  $$$ PAID, thank you
>
> WATER                ..............  $$$ OVERDUE
>
> LATE FEE             .............   $$$

There's not a good way to get output.

> 2) If this type of re-invoicing is not possible, how do I carry over the
> unpaid WATER payment onto the January invoice?  Do I manually have to remove
> it from the December invoice and re-add it to the January invoice?  Is there
> some way to report/print a payment reminder that includes itemized amounts
>>From multiple invoices?

You cannot re-invoice per se.  HOWEVER you can print out a Customer
Report and mail that along with the new invoice.  So what I would do
is create the new invoice for the new charges.  Maybe create an
invoice for the Late Fee as well (or include it on the New Charges
Invoice).  Then print that out and print out the Customer Report and
mail it all together.

> 3) Can the payment terms be customized to automatically tack on a daily late
> fee, If the invoice is not paid within a certain number of days of the due
> date?

No, the terms don't get used for that, yet.  The only thing the
terms are currently used for are computing the due date.