older transcations not shown in ledger

Peter Dodwell petrus1928 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 02:44:39 EST 2008

Thanks Josh & Derek for your suggestions. Unhappily none of them work.
I have Transaction Journal set as register default when opening accounts
from the account tree.
I've attempted to change the date range as suggested, but still no earlier
transactions are displayed.
On reopening that account I find that the date range has reset itself to the
previous setting.

I've tried the same procedure in Basic Ledger, Autosplit Ledger, and General
Ledger from the Tools menu with the same results. The curious thing is that
if I enter a transaction with a date prior to the earliest date shown, the
transaction disappears but the visible balances reflect the change.

I have an earlier version of gnucash on my laptop so will see what happens
there when I try to access my data file (copied via sneakernet).

In the meantime, do you have any other thoughts?

regards
petrus (aka doddy)

--
"I don't have enough faith to be an atheist."