GnuCash 2.2.1 ...

zed zed at zed.net.nz
Sat Feb 23 02:47:23 EST 2008

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quoting zed <zed at zed.net.nz>:
>
> > Where does GnuCash keep its database of persons paid, please?  When
> > entering the name of a new one I made a typing error and didn't notice
> > until after I'd completed the transaction.  Now I want to correct the
> > error but cannot find the database.
>
> Depends what you mean by this.  If you mean Business->Vendor then you
> can search for the incorrect vendor and then correct the spelling. If,
> however, you mean you just typed it wrong into the register, then just
> go and correct it.  The QuickFill list will get refreshed the next time
> you restart gnucash.  In other words, it caches all of your descriptions
> until you restart.

The " ... just typed it wrong ..." was the one. However, it doesn't do
what I expected it to do from your description.  I amended a payee
(Telecom NZ Ltd) to Telecom New Zealand Limited and then saved GnuCash and
quit.  When I reloaded GnuCash the only Telecom New Zealand Limited in the
Cheque Account was the sole entry I had made.  I expected every occurrence
of what had previously been Telecom NZ Ltd to be changed.  Is my
assumption wrong?

> PS: 2.2.3 is current; you should update from 2.2.1

I downloaded 2.2.3, extracted it, changed to the appropriate directory and
did a ./configure.  Ended up with an error telling me I needed Guile >1.6.
 So I downloaded it, extracted it and tried to install, but on ./configure
was told I needed libtool >1.5.6 and GMP >4.1.  Downloaded these, but when
installing GMP got error (from memory) that it could not determine large
number size.

Did 2.2.1 not use these libraries etc.?

Anyway, being very new to installing from the command line, I'll take the
coward's way out and keep to 2.21 for the immediate future, hoping that
when LinuxMINT v5.0 comes out v2.23 of GnuCash will be included.

Regards from New Zealand on a very, very wet Saturday evening.

Zed

--
zed

Borrow money from pessimists -- they don't expect it back.