Unable to use security editor to enlist new stocks for Dhaka Stock Exchange

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 28 10:38:50 EST 2008

Robert Smits <bob at rsmits.ca> writes:

> On February 26, 2008 06:52:32 am Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> It's not our fault people don't read the docs.  And changing the
>> interface from the correct one just because people can't read
>> docs just does the interface a disservice.  I'm sure that for every
>> one person that asks about this there are a hundred who just figure
>> it out.  We should cater to the silent majority.
>>

> I really must respond to this. For years, now, on many distributions the
> installation of GnuCash does NOT result in being able to read the help files.
> You, Derek have been very helpful to me personally and I appreciate it, and
> so has this listserve but the standard install - at least for opensuse -
> doesn't install the help file. Please don't blame the users for not reading
> non-existant documentation.

No, I blame suse for shipping a sub-standard distribution.
The docs work great on Fedora, Gentoo, Debian, and Ubuntu.

http://www.gnucash.org/ has an online copy of the docs.