How to check upcoming tranactions by account

Russell Gadd rustleg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 06:01:55 EST 2008

I am converting from Ms Money to Gnucash and have set up all my historic
records and entered scheduled transactions for my accounts. I have several
bank accounts to track and need a way to look ahead at what money is due to
come out of each account in the near future to ensure I am not overdrawn.

Unfortunately the list at the top of the scheduled transactions editor
doesn't show the amount or the account(s) involved in the transaction. Is
there another way of viewing upcoming transactions by account? Maybe a
report ? (but I haven't found it).

Ideally the report would be in account order, within each account there
would be a line showing an upcoming transaction and the resulting balance of
the account after the transaction is made. The report would presumably need
to have parameters determining the accounts to show and the date range.

I had a brief look at custom reports but didn't manage to get the facility
to work. This was in the sample report: "This is a sample GnuCash report.
See the guile (scheme) source code in the scm/report directory for details
on writing your own reports, or extending existing reports." - I'm using
Windows XP (sigh, reason for going to Gnucash is to ditch Windows in due
course) and can't find such a directory.

Russell