Year end reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 4 17:20:49 EST 2008

Hi,

Please remember to CC gnucash-user on all replies by using
your mailer's Reply-To-List or Reply-All features..

Terry Therneau <therneau at mayo.edu> writes:

> Derek,
>    I asked where I could get a sum of all expenses by category/subcategory, and
> you answered
>     >  Income Statement (used to be called the Profit and Loss report)
>
> I've looked here, and I don't see anything except some bar and pie charts. These
> are not useful objects to me.  Am I missing something?

Yes... You missed the "Income Statement".

> BTW, using version 1.8 on Ubuntu 6.  (And not eager to try and upgrade, given
> the large number of libraries affected).

Oh, on 1.8 it's called "Profit and Loss".

>   As to exporting data your answer was
>     > The transaction report and parsing the HTML.
>
> I was hoping for something simple instead of days of work.  I don't parse html
> or xml for a living, and we are talking a large learning curve.
>   Why doesn't simple cut/paste work on the text object I see?

Why don't I have a million dollars?  It's just the way it is.
As for parsing HTML/XML for a living, you may not, but something
like OOo or Excel or Gnumeric certainly could.