Year end reports

Andrew Sackville-West ajswest at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 4 19:04:57 EST 2008

> Terry Therneau <therneau at mayo.edu> writes:
>

> > I was hoping for something simple instead of days of work.  I don't parse html
> > or xml for a living, and we are talking a large learning curve.
> >   Why doesn't simple cut/paste work on the text object I see?

I don't know why simple cut/paste doesn't work. But there are programs
that parse html for a living.

I've successfully used html2text along with a quick sed -e s/  / /g to
get reasonably useable results pretty quickly. And of course, once
it's done once, and saved in a bash script, it's easily repeated,
expanded, etc.