OFX / aqbanking and US Bank?

Dave Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 7 15:53:33 EST 2008

Josh Trutwin wrote:
> I'm a new convert from QuickBooks to GnuCash.  One nagging feature
> that I do not get with GnuCash is easy bank statement downloads which
> would be nice.
>
> I saw the wiki list of banks that support OFX download with
> libaqbanking here:
>
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/OFX_Direct_Connect_Bank_Settings
>
> US Bank is not listed though - has anyone succesfully downloaded bank
> statements in gnucash with US Bank?  I could call them to see if they
> support direct OFX connection to find out their FID / ORG / etc. but
> the thought of talking to one of their "support techs" and mentioning
> an acronym like OFX makes me want to take a shot of brandy.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Josh
Using the Microsoft devel data set, try:

<ORG> US Bank
<FID> 1401
server address: https://www.oasis.cfree.com/1401.ofxgp

If it works, please add it to the wiki list.

Keep in mind that the bank may want to charge you extra for ofx data.
One other thing that sometimes occurs is that the bank forces a PIN
change the first time you use the service. I don't know if aqbanking can
handle that.

The address listed for the data above is in Portland OR

Dave
--
David Reiser
dbreiser at earthlink.net