Any Interest in Configurable Imbalance name

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Thu Jan 10 20:25:10 EST 2008

On Thu, Jan 10, 2008 at 04:36:59PM -0800, Pelton, Brian wrote:

> [...]

fair enough.

> The consensus was that adding configuration was clutter.  Based on this,
> I would speculate that there is no interest in adding configuration that
> automatically deletes the imbalance account.  Automatically creating
> account is one thing, but to automatically delete one is a bit more
> risky IMHO.

of course.

> It is probably for the best.  I found the best solution for me was to
> make the imbalance account a child of my suspense account.  Its hidden
> away unless I need / want to look at it.

That's a good solution.

I said that because I actually *like* the idea of auto-hidden Orphan-*
and Imbalance-* accounts. It sort of solves the whole problem of "I
don't like them hanging around and I don't like having to delete them
everytime I mess up a txn." Much better to have them always there, but
only show up in the accounts tree when they matter. That would make
them much more visible when they *do* matter (imbalanced txns) instead
of the current situation where they are either always visible, and
thus not really noticed, or constantly being deleted and recreated.

Of course, what I said is also a not so nice way of saying, no one here is doing it, so
if you want it, you do it.