syncing two pcs

Paul pdoxey at verizon.net
Mon Jul 7 20:16:44 EDT 2008

   Maf. King wrote:

On Monday 07 Jul 2008, Paul wrote:

Does anyone know if/how gnucash can be run on two pcs and sync them
together?  I have duplicated both pc's file structures for the
application but only one actually contains data.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul

Hi Paul,

If you mean "can 2 people on 2 computers enter data to a GC file _at the same
time_" then, no, that can't be done.

I have my data files on a NFS share, which allows several people to view/enter
data (using their own PCs), with the limitation that only one user can have
the data file open for editing at any one point in time.

HTH,
Maf.

   Hi Maf,
   No, not two people, just me.  I am not always at my desktop, so I use
   my laptop when I am away.  I am just looking for a way to be able to
   work the same account from whichever I happen to be using at the time.
   Thanks,
   Paul