Multiple currency issues

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Wed Jul 9 00:08:43 EDT 2008

--On July 8, 2008 3:00:47 PM +0200 Jannick Asmus
<jannick.news at gmail.com> wrote:

> Q2: Is there a special the reason why the currency in the general
> ledger view is not the main currency?

If trading accounts are enabled each split in the general ledger is
shown in the currency of the account associated with that split.  Of
course in this case the single transaction in the file is not balanced,
but that is easily fixed with Check and Repair.

> 2. Income statement
>
> The income statement in USD shows a total revenue of 0, expected is
> 78, whereas the P&L in EUR is ok.
>
> Q3: Is this because GnuCash expects a foreign exchange rate in the
> database to convert USD into EUR?

I don't see this, with or without trading accounts.

> 3. Balance sheet report
>
> The balance sheet report in USD shows a total of assets of 78USD and
> a total of liabs and equity of 0. In particular retained earnings (as
> part of equity) are 0.
>
> Q4: Is this a bug? I would expect retained earnings to be the
> balancing item here.

I don't see this either.

Mike Alexander           mta at umich.edu
Ann Arbor, MI            PGP key ID: BEA343A6