View Transactions Ahead of Time

Janelle Seymour torena at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 20:02:31 EDT 2008

Hi all!

I'm a new convert to GnuCash.  I used to use AceMoney (and tried to stay
with Windows long enough for them to release a Linux version which is never
gonna happen) and now I'm sitting here with a fresh, happy install of
Ubuntu.  I installed gnucash today and managed to get my data imported and
am on my way to sorting through transactions and labeling them
appropriately, figuring out the differences in gnucash's handling of credit
card and car loans versus AceMoney, etc.  There's only one thing I haven't
been able to figure out.  I apologize in advance if this is in the
FAQ/documentation but I've got a one year old that will not let me read
through much documentation (I'm amazed my bookkeeping is balancing..).

In AceMoney, I would track my scheduled transactions and could see them as
greyed out items below the active/paid transactions.  It would tally up how
much money I would have left after spending said things.  It was easy this
way to decide if I could afford a new monthly subscription to something, or
if we wanted to do a big purchase, or whatever.  We just moved, so we have
new rent, utilities, etc. and I have no idea how much money we're spending
and I can't find out any way to view this.  I suspect it's in the reports
somewhere but I've only seen graphs and monthly reports but not anything
going transaction by transaction.  I hope I'm making sense here.

Any urgency you can respond would be awesome.  This tax rebate just can't
get here soon enough and I'm sure I'm about to go negative, I just don't
know when! :(

Janelle