Year to date budgeting report

Thomas Peterson thomas.tap.peterson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 07:28:32 EDT 2008

The "Simple Matter of Programming" appears to be a farce since the
interfaces that are required to do what I want are only available from the C
interface.

I can't get a period's end date because gnc_budget_get_period_start_date()
hardcodes FALSE into a call that it makes.  I would go directly to the
recurrence data associated with the budget and use it instead except none
the Recurrence interfaces are exported.

The hardcoded TRUE in recurrenceGetAccountPeriodValue() is also problematic
for what I'm trying to do.

So is it the case that the Simple Matter of Programming is really a matter
of rebuilding the entire gnucash code base with the necessary interfaces
exported to support the custom report that I desire?