Easiest way to Gnucash 2.x on a mac?

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 21 12:56:17 EDT 2008

The macports gnucash package has been without a maintainer for a few
months. And there have been some guile and slib problems lately.
Someone on gnucash irc indicated he's taking over the macports port,
so maybe it's functioning well.

The downside of fink at the moment is the initial install of fink on a
system 10.5 machine is via source bootstrap. Also, some of the gnome
dependencies are getting long in the tooth there. But 'fink install
gnucash2' will get you gnucash 2.2.4. (I'm the fink gnucash maintainer.)

I don't know of a way to associate file extensions with an x11 app,
but there may well be one.

Dave