Anoying *missing feature*: default invoice terms preference

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 7 10:09:03 EDT 2008

Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> writes:

>> What do you mean by "a whole pile of dead invoices"?  You DO realize
>> that you can click on the "Edit" button to go change that setting,
>> right?
>
> No, I didn't know that! It seems non-intutive to go to the Edit menu
> to edit something like that. At least to me. Still, there really

Why is it non-intuitive?  You want to edit the configuration of the
Invoice Metadata (e.g. the Invoice ID, Customer, Date, Job, Bill Terms,
etc).  All the information that's on the "create invoice" page is
re-editable via the "Edit Invoice" page.

I believe this is also in the documentation.

> should be a preferences setting to set the default behaviour.  I
> suspect that many/most business do 'Net 30 days' terms most (all?) of the
> time.  Having to set this *every* time you create a customer and/or an
> invoice is both error prone and a waste of time.

Yes, the Invoice should set the Billterms to the Customer's default
when you select the customer.  I don't see a bug report for this so
feel free to add one.

No, there's no file-wide "default bill term".  That would be an
enhancement request and should be filed separately from the
aforementioned bug report on setting the Invoice Billterms.